You will serve as a Faculty Development Coordinator in the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine (SOM), Department of Pediatrics.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a national faculty coordinator and the principal point of contact for the department concerning administrative processing of faculty appointments, promotions, and the maintenance of current faculty member status information.
- You will communicate with numerous senior individuals, including flag-ranked officers, department chairmen, and deans relative to procuring Command support and letters of academic evaluation.
- You will direct and provide department review of all appointment, promotion, and tenure packets, providing expert guidance to leadership and the Faculty Development Committee.
- You will collect relevant data, analyze, and provide feedback for the Chair and PED leadership team on status of appointments, promotions, and promotion rates by division and site.
- You will develop and implement long- and short-term civilian and military training and professional development materials that enhance faculty retention and promotion.
- You will review all materials required for faculty appointments and promotions (i.e., Curricula Vitae, Chairman?s letters, Letters of Recommendation, Command Approvals, Cover Forms, etc.) for completeness, accuracy, and suitability.
- You will maintain and update electronic files and databases to reflect changes in status of faculty members.
- You will schedule conferences and meetings, within the local area or at distant locations, in support of the faculty appointment and promotions program.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606288400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.