This position is part of the Official Journals of Government, Government Publishing Office in Washington , District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
The Selectee will work Shift 1 . Additional vacancies may be filled through this announcement.
This position implements the policies of the Congressional Record Index Office providing to Congressional Staff, Government employees, and the general public with detailed abstracts of information from larger text taken directly from congressional proceedings.
- Read, review, and organize assigned sections of the Congressional Record to prepare synopses of data contained.
- Write summaries to determine appropriate classifications, subject headings, and location of the summary in the index.
- As directed, research other volumes to determine whether newly submitted information has been summarized and indexed earlier.
- Consult with a senior specialist to determine the need for a new classification or references earlier discussions of the topic.
- As assigned, review reference lists and databases and conducts research to verify, supplement, and/or provide background information on the entries from the Congressional Record being indexed.
- Assist requesters who may be congressional staff members, government agencies staff members, students, or members of the general public with locating information in the Congressional Record.
- Compose and prepare daily indexes for posting various data and sections over the editorial process.
- Review and edit copy to prepare bound volumes, including the annual printed volumes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606184000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.