This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month.Learn more about this agency
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
- The primary purpose of this position is: to serve as an Air Reserve Technician (ART) work leader and aircraft Dedicated Crew Chief over a crew of three or more workers/mechanics.
- Serves as a Work Leader/Dedicated Crew Chief of assigned aircraft, responsible for effectively coordinating and/or overseeing maintenance, troubleshooting, positioning, appearance and servicing of the aircraft.
- Performs and/or oversees aircraft inspections including preflight, post flight, phase, acceptance, and other scheduled and unscheduled inspections.
- Provides technical supervision on production matters to all employees assigned to the crew/team, which may include active duty, ARTs, civilians, and others.
- Enforces and complies with safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Leads verification and certification of work processes and procedures and adequacy of work accomplished by qualified mechanics and trainees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/606136400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.