This position is located in Office of Communication and Outreach (OCO), Department of Education (ED) in Washington, DC. The Office of Communications and Outreach (OCO) is responsible for outreach to national, state and local elected officials, organizations, and associations that represent the education community, the press and other media outlets, other federal agencies, the business community, and the general public.Learn more about this agency
APPLICATION LIMIT: This vacancy announcement is limited to the first 50 applications received and will close at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the day that we receive the 50th application, or at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the listed closing date, whichever occurs first.
We encourage you to read this entire vacancy announcement prior to submitting your application.
As a Public Affairs Specialist, GS-1035-12, you will be responsible for:
• Develops and edits speeches, talking points, Q&As, reports, statements, reports and other information to support speakers and Department officials.
• Performs a variety of research and data verification tasks to prepare for events, and consults with fellow speechwriters and subject matter/policy experts to ensure accuracy and consistency of messaging across the Department.
• Coordinates the overall management of projects, timelines and activities, and and provides necessary administrative support services for both internal and external customers.
• Establishes working relationships with speakers, fellow communications experts, schedulers and event hosts.
• Serves as a liaison and facilitates events, projects and products in coordination with internal and external colleagues.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605799500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.