This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, National Maritime Center, Mariner Training and Assessment Division, Martinsburg, WV.
Learn more about this agency
As an Examination Specialist (Deck), you will be serve as an subject matter expert in mariner credentialing with specific emphasis on the examination of merchant marine personnel and the development of knowledge based competency examinations and examination systems. Serving as a technical expert in providing advisory services and administration of the regulatory provisions and controls for the administration of examinations in support of the merchant mariner credentialing program..
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a value member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments includes:
- Developing of specific subject matter questions pertaining to practical skills of the merchant marine deck officer and rating profession, used to create comprehensive knowledge based assessments suitable for a wide range of mariner credentialing endorsements.
- Providing direction to 17 Regional Examination Centers on all aspects of mariner credentialing program examinations.
- Serving as an expert on the examination processes for all applications for professional credentials.
- Examining creation, maintenance, utilization and disposition to achieve an effective and economical operation of this vital mariner assessment program.
- Monitoring metrics associated with the examination process, evaluating trends, and suggests improvements related to those trends.
NOTE: This announcement, which closes on December 13, 2021, has the following cut-off dates: July 14, Aug 13, Sep 13, Oct 13, Nov 12 and Dec 13, 2021.
Applications received by 11:59EST on December 13, 2021 will be reviewed for consideration and those deemed qualified in accordance with merit promotion procedures will be referred to management for consideration. Applications received after the initial cut-off date will be considered as needed.
If no selections are determined to be made as the announcement closing approaches, the announcement may be extended to obtain additional candidates and a new closing date will be established and posted on USAJOBS.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604646500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.