THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Aircraft Mechanic Leader, Position Description Number D1410000 and is part of the WY 153rd Maintenance Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of this position is to lead three or more journeyman Aircraft Mechanics, WG-8852-10, crew chiefs, and specialist personnel. In addition, performs journeyman duties involving the inspection, repair, modification, and servicing of aircraft systems, components, and assemblies for both on- and off-aircraft.
(1) On a regular and recurring basis, leads three or more aircraft mechanics, crew chiefs, and specialist personnel performing work in the inspection docks.
(2) Monitors the work of assigned personnel, sets the pace, passes along assignments, and assures that materials, tools, equipment, and stock are available.
(3) Insures that assigned personnel are fully utilized and work is accomplished in accordance with established time frames and priorities.
(4) Advises the supervisor of overall work operations, status and progress of work, causes for delays, problems encountered, and individual performance (e.g., additional on-the-job training requirements for individual employees).
(5) Ensures that safety, housekeeping, security and other environmental rules are followed.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604294800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.