This is an exclusive announcement open only to U.S. Citizens contacted and recruited under United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Programs Federal Milk Market Administrator, under Schedule A, 213.3113(F)(4) Hiring Process.Learn more about this agency
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Programs Federal Milk Market Administrator falls under Excepted Service.
This position will be filled in the 1321 Dairy Science series.
As the Dairy Scientist Chemist in this position, you will:
- Performing laboratory analysis of raw milk for fat, protein, lactose, and solids by infrared and wet chemical techniques, and somatic cell count by using direct microsopic counts;
- Using ether extraction, Kjeldahl analysis, enzymatic lactose assay, and direct microscopic counts to determine milk content;
- Analyzing data using spreadsheet and graphical analysis to produce test reports;
- Interacting with dairy industry representatives to coordinate dairy testing;
- Implementing new dairy testing methods to improve process;
- Maintaining dairy lab equipment; and
- Monitoring dairy laboratory testing.
NOTE: This position falls under pay bands MA 10-22. Selectee's pay will be set between the MA-10-22 pay bands based on years of education and/or experience.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604121300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.