Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona. Information about Phoenix, Arizona and the surrounding area can be found at https://phoenixchamber.com/.
We expect to fill 1 vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Provides interpretation, guidance, program leadership, quality control, and implementation for the development of planning efforts such as Resource Management Plans (RMP) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- RMP and NEPA documents include Environmental Impact Statements (ElS) and Environmental Assessments (EA).
- Plans, leads, coordinates, and implements RMP and NEPA actions for the District and two Field Offices and ensures that RMP/NEPA documentation meets prescribed quality standards and is in compliance with the Federal Land Policy and
- Management Act (FLPMA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) regulations and Departmental and Bureau guidelines.
- Coordinates and implements opportunities for public involvement (i.e., public comment periods). Assures that land use planning efforts are coordinated with local, State, and Federal agencies and ensures public participation in the planning process.
- Communicates, both orally and in writing, to a wide variety of audiences to express complex technical concepts.
- Serves as spokesperson for NEPA and RMP processes, responsible for arranging public contact meetings in collaboration with others. Coordinates and provides responses to lawsuits, protests, and appeals with project leads, managers and Solicitor's.
- Reviews complex environmental analysis documents to ensure compliance and consistency with all applicable laws and regulations and serves as procedure and policy coordinator on all NEPA and planning documentation matters.
- Provide technical assistance and review for various projects and associated NEPA documents, such as grazing permit renewals, range and other infrastructure projects, travel management plans.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604094300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.