This is a term appointment with an initial duration of 13 months. Extensions are possible up to four years.Learn more about this agency
This position is located on the Northern Region, Dakota Prairie Grasslands, on either the McKenzie or Medora Ranger District, and is responsible for providing technical support to the heritage resources staff as part of the Great American Outdoors Act initiative.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Andrea Kruse at email@example.com.
- Analyze archeological data in preparing reports.
- Compile and report information about the nature and extent of known cultural resources.
- Adapt ground search strategies as determined by specific project requirements i.e., terrain, vegetation cover, and time frames.
- Ensure that archeology work assignments are carried out in safe, timely manner according to established standards and procedures.
- Apply scientific methods to survey parcels of land to determine likely sites of archeological interest and prepare Cultural Resource Inventory reports and site forms.
75% or less - Overnight travel will be required throughout western North Dakota and eastern Montana.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604078900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.