In this position, you will serve as a senior grader at an inspection point, processing facility or area office lab, which may involve coordinating the work of other inspection personnel. You may perform audit verifications on the production and processes at warehouses, railroad sidings, packing plants, ports of entry, primary production operations, farms and similar facilities.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Selects samples from product lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in accordance with prescribed sampling and plans.
- Inspects products to determine the quality, condition, and/or compliance with U.S. Grade Standards or stated contract specifications.
- Prepares inspection reports based on examination of product.
- Draws and examines samples of the finished products of processed fruits and vegetables and determines grade, condition and wholesomeness.
- Makes observations to determine if plant facilities, operating methods, processing equipment and personnel are in compliance with sanitation requirements and regulations.
- Coordinates activities, schedules and work assignments for other inspection personnel assigned to the plant.
- Inspects raw product material to establish the suitability for processing.
- Conducts various audits and prepares audit reports.
75% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604074600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.