As an Attorney-Advisor (General) at the GS-0905-13/14, you will be assigned to the Office of Legal and Legislative Affairs, Office of the Inspector General (OIG). If selected, you will be responsible for providing legal and legislative services, and policy advice to the Inspector General and staff in connection with audits, investigations, evaluations, special projects, legislation and regulations, ethics, whistleblowing protection activities, internal OIG operations, and litigation.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as staff attorney-advisor responsible for the legal work that supports audits, investigations, evaluations, and other oversight and enforcement activities related to fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in OPM's programs and operations.
- Provides legal services to the Inspector General (IG) and staff in connection with audits, investigations, special projects, legislation and regulations, ethics, whistleblower protection, and internal OIG operations and litigation.
- Provides assistance to IG personnel on matters relating to the issuance and use of the IG subpoenas, reviewing subpoena requests for appropriateness and completeness, resolving questions regarding timing.
- Litigate cases before administrative agencies such as the Merit System Protection Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other third parties.
- Works with senior OIG management and mid- and senior level Agency officials, as well as with officials at the Department of Justice and US Attorneys' offices and with other OIG counsel within the Federal community.
- Conduct legal research and analysis for the litigation and negotiation of legal settlements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604073200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.