These positions are located on the Dakota Prairie Grasslands in Region 1. Three positions will be filled at Watford City, Dickinson, or Lisbon, ND. Duty location will be determined by the hiring official at time of selection.Learn more about this agency
Responsible for administering a rangeland management program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Ryan Knutson at 701-842-8503, email@example.com.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Monitor, gather, analyze, interpret, and evaluate data to determine if land management, economic, and social goals and objectives identified for the land involved are being achieved.
- Conduct short- and long-term monitoring of plant community change, trends, grazing impacts; precipitation; soil erosion hazards; and correlate other rangeland resource activities and uses.
- Gather and assemble rangeland health, trends, ecological status of vegetation communities, site potential and desired plant community data.
- Prepare portions of environmental assessments as an interdisciplinary team member or team leader.
- Coordinate range and wildlife ecological management with other functional activities with the concept of multiple use management.
- Collaborate with Grazing Association members to make recommendations for improved rangeland and livestock administration and range improvement projects and provide input into subsequent decisions.
- Assist in the administration of grazing permits by consulting, coordinating, and collaborating with permittees.
- Compile material and supply estimates for facilities, construction, and maintenance of rangeland projects.
Occasional travel - Travel is required for site visits, meetings, and training, including occasional overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604065300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.