This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, NAL's Information Products Division. Information & Customer Services Branch, and Nutrition & Food Safety Program in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent supports program development, content management for websites, support knowledge base of trends in nutrition resources and literature, conduct outreach and communications, and provide services.
- Collaborate with NAL functional programs, including identification, analysis, publication, outreach and document delivery of pertinent materials, as well as reference, research, website management, and information retrieval
- Maintain statistics; forecasts usage patterns and identifies potential areas of growing demand.
- Provide nutrition information services to local, state, and Federal officials; representatives of Congress, consumers, scientists, educators, school food services personnel, researchers, health care professionals and international users.
- Participate in the development and management of the library collection in the specialized fields relating to food and human nutrition.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected developments in food and nutrition.
- Manage reference services for the food and nutrition program, including the use of online reference systems such as Ref Tracker or other systems.
- Support the enhancement of the Historical Dietary Guidance Digital Collection (HDGDC) by conducting searches through library collections and/or contact partner agencies to obtain new resources for the HDGDC.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604058300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.