The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations.
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) DIVISION? The mission of IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (CUSTOMER SUPPORT) DO? An Information Technology (IT) Specialist working in customer support provides technical support to customers who need advice, assistance, and training in applying hardware and software systems. Much of this work involves resolving difficult and complex problems, some unique to a single customer or organization, while others are more repetitive or similar to issues that have been handled and resolved before within the organizational component. As an IT Specialist (Customer Support) you will find that each day brings many new and exciting challenges, you will be exposed to the latest in information technology, and be recognized as an expert in your field.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support) you will:
- Provide advice and assistance to customers; troubleshoot complex problems; and provide support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Prepare standard login scripts and establishing network access protocols to enable customers to gain local or remote access.
- Review, validate and standardize problem resolutions for inclusion in the problem resolution database.
- Provide technical support and expertise in resolving the most complex customer problems; e.g., by re-imaging customer workstations and correcting other workstations affected by similar problems.
- Evaluate and report on new tools and trends in the customer support field such as browser-based and speech-enabled customer support services; organize vendor demonstration sessions for other specialists; and recommend purchase of new tools to enhance the delivery of customer support services.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - May be required to travel 1 - 5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604045400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.