This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The EPMD is responsible for comprehensive portfolio management. The primary purpose of the position is for providing technical and architectural support to major new VA systems and providing strategic and tactical planning for the VA systemsLearn more about this agency
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs
This is a non-bargaining position
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30pm Monday - Friday
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available upon supervisory approval
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD18361A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work may require some physical effort, such as standing, walking, bending, or sitting. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in some significantly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a video display terminal
Cybersecurity Code 651 - Enterprise Architect: Develops and maintains business, systems, and information processes to support enterprise mission needs; develops information technology (IT) rules and requirements that describe baseline and target architectures. 100%
- Ensure that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework process activities and related documentation (e.g., system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).
- Analyze candidate architectures, allocate security services, and select security mechanisms.
- Develop enterprise architecture or system components required to meet user needs and plan implementation strategy to ensure that enterprise components can be integrated and aligned.
- Document how the implementation of a new system or new interface between systems impacts the current and target environment including but not limited to security posture.
- Identify and prioritize critical business functions in collaboration with organizational stakeholders and analyze user needs and requirements to plan architecture.
25% or less - Travel required up to25% of the time
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603990800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.