About the Position: Serves as Chief, Mobility Systems Branch. Working under the general supervision of the Chief, Engineering Systems and Materials Division, Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Incumbent plans, directs, and executes the research of the MSB branch. The incumbent demonstrates a high level of technical and professional competence to continually develop new technology and research.Learn more about this agency
- Identify resources that will be needed in the future (funding, technical skills, tools, facilities, and workforce) and acquire them.
- Provide leadership in developing and updating Branch strategic business and marketing plans that are consistent with Division, Laboratory, and ERDC plans.
- Encourage team building and partnering.
- Provide and allocate resources to execute the Branch work load.
- Analyze proposals, progress reports, and final products for technical quality, consistency, and adequacy.
- Mentor staff for technical and management positions.
- Strives to establish and maintain good working relationships with other agencies, Interest groups, professional associations, internal and external clients, and team members.
- Conduct performance appraisals and other personnel management responsibilities.
- Serve as a valuable technical contact and resource for the Corps of Engineers.
Occasional travel - This position requires up to 20% annual business travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603959000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.