This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Supervision/Management Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in DISA - OC/DISA GLOBAL OPERATIONS COMMAND - (RN333).
- Performs studies of complex problems or researches technical issues dealing with Cybersecurity and DCO performs data analysis and prepares detailed reports, of security incidents.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the latest in IT networking techniques and standards by attending available training courses and self-initiated education.
- Leads and participates in technical exchanges with DISA, USCYBERCOM, JFHQ-DoDIN, National Security Agency (NSA), ODS-NII, peer CSSP providers, and subscribers in the development of the Cybersecurity and DCO capabilities.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned program areas including the development, documentation, and operation of both internal processes and administrative and technical controls.
- Prepares and presents briefings, position papers on technical issues, recommending actions or potential problems.
- Accountable for internal records of transactions, promptly accomplished and properly authorized.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603927200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.