OIG is responsible for preventing and detecting fraud, waste, abuse, and violations of law, and for promoting economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of USAID programs. OIG provides oversight of the U. S. African Development Foundation (USADF), the Inter-American Foundation (IAF), and Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level you will:
• Conduct complex and large-scale criminal, civil, and administrative investigations.
• Plan, conduct and coordinate sensitive and significant domestic and overseas criminal investigations affecting the integrity and efficiency of USAID, ADF, IAF, MCC and OPIC-financed activities and personnel in an assigned geographic region.
• Plan, organize or direct investigations, determine scope and possible ramifications, develop methods, procedures and techniques to be followed. Conduct research, data collection and analysis of information related to programs and projects that are subject to investigative oversight.
• Oversee the gathering and development of technical/administrative evidence relating to phases of investigations, and utilize a broad range of investigative techniques such as interviews, subpoenas, search warrants, electronic surveillance, financial analysis, document examination and the use expert witnesses.
• Lead teams or work directly with employees and other federal agencies' experts to complete investigations.
• Prepare investigative reports and other written documentation for action officials, Congress, prosecutorial bodies and OIG management.
• Brief and advise management/leadership, congressional staffers, prosecutors and law enforcement teams on various investigative matters/results.
50% or less - Position requires frequent travel to domestic and overseas locations.
FS01 - (Foreign Service employees must meet eligibility requirements established for their class to get consideration for the next class level.)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603854200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.