NIST works with industry and science to advance innovation and improve quality of life. We’re looking for a Biologist to join our team!
This notice is issued under direct-hire authority to recruit new talent to occupations for which NIST has a severe shortage of candidates.Learn more about this agency
This position will:
- Perform research and measurements related to plastic polymers and additives in the environment
- Contribute to the characterization of environmental samples and reference materials using techniques of micro FTIR, differential scanning calorimetry, ATFTIR and other spectroscopic techniques for the determination of polymers especially weathered polymers
- Use GC-MS for the determination of plastic additives
- Collect, sort, and identify micro and microplastic present in the marine environment.
- Assist with the biospecimen collection and sample archival.
- Prepare reports of analysis on all measurement projects; assist with or take the lead on the preparation of peer-reviewed manuscripts relating to work
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and stake holder meetings to present results of work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603794100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.