You will serve as a GENERAL SUPPLY SPECIALIST in the Logistics Division, Property Management Branch of UNIF SRVS UNI OF THE HLTH SCI.Learn more about this agency
- You will perform a wide range of property functions related to utilization and management of government property with primary emphasis on property accountability.
- You will conduct periodic inventories of government owned property, equipment and material assigned to over 200 property custodial accounts.
- You will plan and conduct inventories to ensure accuracy of property books and effective accountability for all property.
- You will research catalogs, purchase documents, equipment lists, manufacturers' specifications and other source documents to ensure proper identification of property.
- You will identify missing items as well as items on-hand but not on the custodian's inventory. Determines appropriate action to recommend in all cases.
- You will receive and review requests for equipment, furniture, and other material.
- You will determine exact identity of item requested and defines the requirement to be satisfied.
- You will meet with requestor to discuss substitution or transfer from other activity before approving outside acquisition.
- You will carefully review all listings of available excess property and informs program managers of items available to them without cost.
- You will determine appropriate mode of transportation and arranges for delivery.
- You will review all non-expendable property vouchers, shipping tickets and transfer documents to assure accuracy, accountability of items and correct citation of nomenclature.
- You will coordinate initial actions for potential investigations for government property lost, damaged, destroyed, stolen (GPLDS).
- You will maintain information in automated data bases; produces periodic and one-time reports; and maintains status, cost, condition, and location information on all accountable property
- You will plan, schedule, coordinate and direct the relocation of items, equipment, and material within the University.
- You will utilize electronic data processing systems for maintenance of acquisition records, reconciliation, and accountability of supplies and equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603615200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.