This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Administration on Children, Youth and Families (ACYF), located in District of Columbia, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
*This announcement will remain open for 10 business days OR until the first 75 applications have been received, whichever occurs first*
- Serving as a senior program specialist for the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA) and related domestic violence legislation and as an advisor to the Program Officer on all matters concerning family violence on a national level.
- Assisting in efforts to increase public awareness about the prevention of family violence and to provide immediate shelter and supportive services for victims of family violence and their dependents.
- Serving as a technical and policy resource on FVPSA for family violence programs in States, local public agencies (e.g. law enforcement agencies, courts, legal, social services), nonprofit organizations, and other persons seeking assistance.
- Conducting a variety of activities and projects for the administration of domestic violence victim services.
- Reviewing and analyzing applications, quarterly and final program reports from States, territories and domestic violence State coalitions for allotment under FVPSA.
- Performing contracting responsibilities nationally in accordance to with worldwide contact laws and procedures.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603515900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.