About the Position: You will serve as a Sexual Assault Investigator responsible for the investigations of adult and child sexual assaults for the Department of the Army conducting and/or overseeing investigations of suspected felony violations against the laws of the United States and the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) in which the U.S. Army is, or may be, a party of interest.Learn more about this agency
- Independently direct, manage, coordinate, oversee, and conduct felony sexual assault, sexual abuse and domestic violence criminal investigations.
- Independently plan, develop, conduct and coordinate intricate or delicate sexual abuse/assault and child abuse/assault and associated domestic violence investigations.
- Analyze complex sexual assault related data, obtain and execute subpoenas, search warrants, arrest warrants; process crime scenes, and collect evidence.
- Identify investigative leads for sexual abuse/assault and child abuse/assault investigations and determine the best methods to follow those leads in order to identify, arrest, and prosecute the responsible parties.
- Review and prepare interim or final reports of felony adult and child sexual assault related criminal investigations detailing the multifarious, contributing cause or causes and expert recommendations to prevent similar future occurrences.
- Maintain pertinent statistical and management data on internal investigations.
- Conduct undercover surveillance operations (including coordinating and conducting pre-text telephone calls and digital communications between victims and suspects, often dangerous in nature.
- Collaborate with specially trained victim advocates and legal counsels associated with sexual assault, sexual abuse and domestic violence.
- Conduct cognitive/trauma informed interviews associated with trauma, alcohol facilitated, and/or false reporting concerning adult and child victims of sexual assault, sexual abuse and domestic violence.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% business travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603466600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.