The first 50 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) within IT Operations & Services (ITOPS).
You will serve as an IT Specialist and provide technical oversight and support for IT Infrastructure services within a systems engineering framework and regarding enterprise related issues that ultimately affect the plans, goals, and effectiveness of VA nationwide.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
451 - System Administrator
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available.
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD02636A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is predominantly sedentary and does not require any special physical effort. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Incumbent may carry light items such as meeting materials and a portable computer and may be required to drive a motor vehicle to meetings. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crisis resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a on-line collaboration tools and applications.
- Provides technical guidance for OIT staff to resolve complex and controversial systems, software, and interrelated broad programmatic, architectural, or user issues.
- Leads work on high-visibility assignments that have a critical impact on VA's ability to analyze, develop, and implement IT policy and programs.
- Evaluates IT program needs and determines where changes to existing guidelines are required and develops and/or recommends changes necessary to optimize the delivery of identity management and PKI services.
- Keeps VA management and leadership appraised of projects progression and details concerning technical releases, decisions and mandates.
- Identifies and evaluates future emerging technologies to guarantee optimal use and interoperability of leading-edge technology across the VA.
25% or less - Travel required up to 25% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603431800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.