This announcement has been updated to reflect the qualification cut off dates and monthly qualification reviews.Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous job announcement. Initial application packages will be reviewed for eligibility and qualifications and issued to management on or about 06-July-2021 and every 30 days there after. Additional application packages will be reviewed and issued to management on an as needed basis.
The National Call Center (NCC) was established to centralize VBA's contact center activity in order to yield greater consistency and higher quality in the service provided by customer contact employees. This Legal Administrative Specialist position is located in the National Call Center, of the VA Regional Office, for the Veterans Benefits Administration based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The Legal Administrative Specialist has telephone contact with the public for the purpose of advising and providing information on Veterans benefits and their rights. This is a call center position that offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same. In this position, the incumbent will complete work using telephone and computer equipment handling inbound calls on a daily basis. This position requires talking for long periods of time on the phone. Extensive use of a computer and telephone with headset is required. The Legal Administrative Specialist provides superior customer service to our Nation's Veterans and their families. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Counseling veterans, their dependents, and their beneficiaries via telephone regarding the full array of benefits available through the Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as non-VA benefits available through other organizations concerned with veterans.
- Explaining the types of documents necessary to facilitate timely processing of claims and providing assistance in obtaining and completing such documents and forms in accordance with the type of claim being submitted.
- Explaining decisions and reasons for the decisions made by the VA and communicating the information both orally and in writing to the Veterans.
- Performing claim-related work such as change of address, direct deposits, burial allowance claims, dependency claims, etc.
- Initiating inquiries to resolve errors, delays, or other problems in obtaining benefits.
Work Schedule: 8:30am-5pm Monday-Friday
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: 43032A/23032A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: None
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603392000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.