This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.Learn more about this agency
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
- Provides leadership and areawide direction to implement the technical aspects of the Natural Resource Conservation Services Highly Erodible Land(HEL) and wetland policies.
- Develops and reviews wetland mitigation and restoration plans and ensures they meet NRCS specifications and policy. Works with the wetland mitigation banking program to review mitigation sites.
- Provides training to NRCS staff and direct technical assistance and policy guidance tofield staff relating to Environmental Compliance requirements under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Develops materials and technical tools for use by technical staffs in conducting wetland determinations and delineations on agricultural and nonagricultural lands.
- Maintains effective working relationships with partners.
- Conducts technical review of the NRCS record and develops draft appeal responses for issuance by the State Conservationist while ensuring that wetland and HEL determinations were completed according to policy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603367900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.