This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will advise employees on environmental issues to promote compliance with environmental protection procedures
- You will review environmental planning documents for relevance, adequacy, and consistency with Navy policy and environmental regulations.
- You will document field investigations to assist with oil and hazardous substance spill contingency, polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) elimination, and countermeasure plans.
- You will coordinate compliance efforts with regard to environmental laws (e.g., Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Toxic Substance Control Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act).
- You will interpret federal, state, and local laws and regulations (e.g., Clean Water Act, Resources Conservation and Recovery Act, Oil Pollution Act) to maintain compliance.
- You will assess environmental compliance with petroleum oil liquid spill response, hazard waste or materials spill response, and petroleum oily liquid storage procedures.
- You will monitor environmental programs to ensure facility compliance with regulations (e.g., Resources Conservation and Recovery Act [RCRA]; National Environmental Policy Act [NEPA]; Clear Air Act; Clean Water Act; Pollution Prevention Act.
- You will oversee an environmental spill response program to ensure organizational mission, goals, and objectives are met.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603195900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.