This position is located in the Legal Division, Secretariat and Information Management Branch, Records & Privacy Section. The incumbent serves as a Records and Information Management Specialist responsible for supporting the Records Management Office and the Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) Program.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Secretariat and Information Management Branch of the Legal Division. The Records and Information Management Specialist helps build and carry out the work of the Records Management Office. The incumbent also serves as the Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s (CFTC or Commission) Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) Program Manager. The incumbent has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical expert on records management and/or CUI and advise and assist staff with managing records based on the requirements of the Federal Records Act, associated regulations, 32 CFR 2002, Commission records policies and procedures, and best practices.
- Research, draft, and finalize records management and/or CUI policies, procedures, guidance, training and awareness products, and disposition schedules to meet the mandates of all governing statutes and regulations, including independently planning and organizing work, obtaining and resolving stakeholder input and concerns, and presenting finished products to management.
- Collaborate with Legal Division counsel, data management, privacy, cybersecurity, information technology, physical security, and classified information programs to ensure coordination of records management and/or CUI efforts with these programs.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with staff who have records management and/or CUI interests and responsibilities, and seek to understand and align records management and/or CUI Program goals with the larger Commission goals and Division and Office goals.
- Plan and conduct cross-functional information gathering and needs and gap assessments supporting records management and/or CUI program development goals. Also, plan and conduct analyses, studies, and reviews on a wide variety of records management and/or CUI topics and issues. Based on the findings of these inquiries, recommend policy and process improvements, prepare background and briefing papers, and brief Agency management on those improvements.
- Serve as CFTC point of contact to the CUI Executive Agent – the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Prepare comments on Federal CUI implementing guidance, develop/defend agency submissions for the Federal CUI Registry, and prepare agency compliance reports to the Executive Agent.
- Represent CFTC at interagency records management and CUI meetings and a variety of working and advisory groups.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603195600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.