This position is located in the Office of the Deputy Inspector General for Mission Support/ CFO, Human Capital and Personnel Security (HC&PS), for the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA). This position reports to the Assistant Director of Human Capital and serves as a Human Resources Specialist providing technical expertise in developing, directing and evaluating TIGTA human resources policies and programs for employee relations and performance management.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Ensures compliance with overarching policies established by Department of Treasury, OPM, and Executive Orders, as well as consonance with basic laws for employee relations, performance management, and related title 5, sections of the U.S. Code.
- Conducts complex TIGTA and Treasury wide studies consisting of reviews, research, and analysis of performance management, and employee relations issues.
- Writes and issues recommendations, decisions, or responses to case-specific actions requiring TIGTA Chief Counsel involvement, including policy advisories and stakeholder inquiries from OPM, Treasury, and Congressional inquiries.
- Makes recommendations for program improvements and develops new programs, procedures, and requirements based on knowledge of evolving Federal and public sector patterns.
- Works closely with the Assistant Director Human Capital to recommend program changes or acquisition/realignment of resources in order to achieve mission goals and objectives.
Occasional travel - One to five days per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603107700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.