This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement.Learn more about this agency
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
- Provides assistance to producers and field offices on wetland conservation activities associated with the Swampbuster provisions of the Food, Security Act, as amended.
- Primary tasks involve gathering information for and issuing wetland determinations, completing scope and effect evaluations, and other related activities.
- Gathers the necessary data and works in the field with producers and other NRCS personnel to conduct on-site investigations for wetland determinations.
- Independently services requests for reconsideration of determinations the employee has issued.
- Develops and maintain effective working relationships with partners such as Conservation Districts, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Maintains liaison with other NRCS specialists regarding wetland related activities.
- Works individually and as a member of a team to develop and implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of the products and services provided to internal and external customers.
- Enters data into the wetland tracker tool.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603097800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.