This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Administration on Children, Youth and Families (ACYF),, located in District of Columbia, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
*This announcement will remain open for 10 business days OR until the first 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first*
- Serving as the full deputy to the Commissioner of ACYF, and as such, collaborates and shares responsibility for the general direction and supervision of all ACYF programs and activities.
- Advising the ACYF Commissioner on matters relating to the safety and well being of children, youth and families.
- Providing oversight for grant funding programs in the Children's Bureau and the Family and Youth Services Bureau.
- Ensuring the administration of state grant programs under title IV-B and title IV-E of the Social Security Act and programs for the development and provision of child welfare services.
- Ensuring the administration of discretionary and grant programs for sheltering and outreach programs for runaway and/or homeless youth and at-risk youth, the Runaway and Homeless Youth Safe line; and state and discretionary grants related to teen pregnancy prevention.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603092200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.