Learn more about this agency
The Jerry L Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital is recruiting for a Associate Chief of Staff in Education, to serve as the VA point of contact for the institution, to deal with clinical trainee issues for the VA medical facility.
Recruitment and relocation incentives are approved for highly qualified candidate.
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package. VHA Physician Total Rewards.
Recruitment Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Approved up to 15%
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance):
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): Not applicable
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that medical/dental students or residents and allied health professional trainees rotating to a VA medical facility are enrolled in or sponsored by affiliated institutions.
- Review and ensure that minimal qualifications and credentials are met by trainees coming to VA for academic programs as attested to by the TQCVL
.- Ensure all trainees complete the onboarding process, including appropriate security screening.- Collaborate with Human Resources staff, ensuring that appropriate appointments of trainees are in place, including without compensation appointments, if appropriate. Providing orientation or assurance that necessary aspects of orientation are covered at the service level.
- Ensure that affiliation agreements are executed for all programs that send trainees to VA medical facilities for educational purposes.- Ensure the requirements of the affiliation agreements, particularly those responsibilities assigned to VA Medical Center are fulfilled.
Interact with affiliated institutions as appropriate on matters pertaining to trainee assignments and curricula and on evaluation of the VA medical facility as a training site.- Act as a consultant to other VA medical facility staff on educational matters and interpreting policies according to VA requirements.
- Act as the liaison with the sponsoring institution's DIO and other education leaders in the academic programs of education and research.- Advocate for sufficient VA resources for appropriate conduct of all educational programs.- Exercise oversight and administration of all clinical training programs at the VA medical facility, and ensuring compliance with all pertinent requirements. This oversight responsibility includes fiscal matters, disbursement agreements, credentials of trainees, appointment and payment of trainees.- Exercise oversight of the GME Disbursement Agreement.
- Initiate the planning process to determine the number and distribution of resident positions.
- Ensure all educational and other activities meet the criteria delineated in Disbursement Agreement Handbook.
- Establish local procedures for: Educational activity record keeping.
- Monitor resident participation in assigned educational activities.
- Reconcile of VA educational activity records with invoices submitted by the disbursing agent.
- Ensure initial and annual training of VA staff involved in educational activity record keeping for disbursement agreements.
- Obtain annual rate changes from the disbursing agent and communicating these to appropriate parties, including the facility Chief Fiscal Officer and Chief of Human Resources, and securing approval of the rate changes from the OAA.
- Collaborate with the CFO in the administration of disbursement agreements and related fiscal matters
- Present an Annual Report to the Medical Staff and the Governing Body that summarizes training program activities for the past year. This annual report should cover such issues as resident supervision, resident duty hours, resident credentials, resident graduated levels of responsibilities, etc. Presentation and discussion of the Annual Report on Residency Training Programs with the Medical Executive Committee of the medical would meet this requirement.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603075100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.