The Chief of the FPO provides executive leadership and direction of judicial branch accounting, procurement, financial data governance, and retirement fund investment operations. This position sets the strategic focus and provides guidance on financial management and procurement policy, the acquisitions framework, financial integrity, internal controls, financial reporting, and procurement.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will report to the Associate Director of the Department of Administrative Services. The Chief of the FPO serves as a subject matter expert on all matters relating to financial management and procurement in the judiciary.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Leading and overseeing the work of a diverse staff of approximately 120 government employees;
- Overseeing a broad range of advisory and operational services directly supporting finance and procurement activities in federal court units located throughout the nation;
- Ensuring the FPO is adequately resourced to perform its mission and oversee day-to-day business activities in the office, including financial management, staffing, space, resources, travel, payroll, leave, and training;
- Directing the establishment of finance and procurement policies, procedures, standards, systems, and directives for the accomplishment of statutory and regulatory requirements that fall within the purview of the FPO;
- Engaging and coordinating with other government agencies and organizations on behalf of the judiciary's interests and requirements, including the Office of Management and Budget, Department of Treasury, and the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB);
- Providing expert advice and guidance regarding financial management, reporting and analysis, including internal controls over financial reporting programs of the judiciary;
- Supporting various Judicial Conference Committees and their subcommittees, the AO's Risk and Financial Management Advisory Council, and the AO's Financial Managers Working Group;
- Overseeing all aspects of the judiciary's procurement management program and the life cycle of contracts, awards, policies, planning and execution;
- Directing the development and conduct of internal controls reviews over financial reporting and financial systems review in support of the financial statement audit;
- Administering all aspects of preparing the judiciary for comprehensive financial reporting and ensuring audit readiness; and interacting with senior leadership in other judiciary offices and courts to identify issues and resolves deficiencies on financial statements and information;
- Overseeing the adequacy of operational and system processes that impact balances on financial statements;
- Directing financial accounting and procurement activities in accordance with the laws, regulations, and policies governing the federal judiciary;
- Developing and managing a robust communications program to provide information to Judicial Branch employees, management, and judges in support of financial accounting and procurement policies and programs;
- Leading and managing nation-wide projects and programs regarding the judiciary's financial accounting and procurement policies;
- Serving as the principal advisor to the courts, federal judges, judiciary officials, committees and subcommittees of the Judicial Conference of the United States, and advisory groups on all functions related to financial accounting and procurement;
- Monitoring the external environment and advising federal judiciary leaders about changes in federal financial accounting and procurement policies and laws that may impact the federal judiciary;
- Establishing and implementing strategies to ensure investment policies and practices are consistent and monitored for earnings, adjusting strategies as needed; and
- Overseeing financial data governance by establishing a financial data modeling methodology and strategy to support the long-term needs of the judiciary.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603024500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.