This position is organizationally located in the Research Service, San Francisco VA Health Care System (SFVAHCS). In this position, you will be the scientific and technical advisor for projects with a primary responsibility of providing support to Research and Development Committees.Learn more about this agency
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
- Overseeing the R&D subcommittees.
- Pre-screens all protocols/projects prior to the official review.
- Acts as the SME and primary source to the official for guidance prior to formal approval.
- Works with the Bio-safety Committee, Clinical Research Workgroup (CRW), the Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) and IACUC to develop procedures to meet regulations.
- Reviews all projects to determine the required approvals and provides on-site assistance to the investigators and their staff.
- Act as scientific, technical advisor and authority to Director of Research Operations(DRO) and Associate Chief of Staff (ACOS) for Research and Development (R&D).
- Ensures that personnel meet the training and scope requirements for safety, animal, and human approval aspects of a specific project.
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting expenditure report data of all approved funded grants are reported through R&D Information System (RDIS) and the national e-PROMISE database..
- Performs comparative analysis of Investigator expenditure history reports.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday - 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602986400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.