The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce PersonnelLearn more about this agency
Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: AcqDemo
This position is being filled under DoD Modified Direct Hire Authority, Section 1109; PL, 116-92, dated 12/20/2019 .
This position is part of the Department of Defense, Missile Defense Agency.
As a GENERAL ENGINEER at the NH-0801-4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Engage in concept planning; design and development; integration, testing and verification at the Missile Defense System (MDS) system, element or component level.
- Advise on technical, acquisition and operational issues related to technical performance requirements, systems engineering, financial management, and performance trades among program elements.
- Support engineering studies to support the development and testing of systems or components.
- Work in engineering specialty areas which include but are not limited to systems architecture, systems engineering, modeling & simulation, radars, command & control, missiles, targets, kill vehicles, space vehicles, directed energy, discrimination, or hypersonics.
- Identify and resolve highly complex problems crossing organizational boundaries and promulgate solutions.
- In cooperation with coworkers, identify needs of internal and external customers and address their concerns.
- Develop and present technical briefings and reports to Flag Officers/Senior Executives.
Occasional travel - As Mission Requires
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602936700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.