The purpose of the position is to work on the Montana State Soil Scientist's Staff, serves as the state Soil Health expert, providing technical assistance to landowners, conservation partners, NRCS personnel, and other interested parties in all phases of soil health management systems, leading to the conservation and efficient use of natural resources and maintains environmental quality related to soil, water, animal, plant, air, and energy conservation issues to improving productivity.Learn more about this agency
- Provide technical assistance to landowners, conservation partners, and other interested parties in all phases of soil health management systems.
- Maintain environmental quality related to soil, water, animal, plant, air, and energy conservation issues, and improving productivity of food, feed, fiber, and fuel.
- Provides one on one training, onsite assistance, preparation of job sheets and other technical materials as needed.
- Inform state leadership of training activities, related items in the State Training Plan, and outcomes.
- Provide leadership at the field and state level for conservation activities associated with soil health management systems and soil conservation on production agricultural lands.
- Work closely with State Office and Area Office programs staff and leaders of state agricultural programs to incorporate and prioritize soil health management systems in all Farm Bill programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602908200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.