We are re-advertising this position to reflect a change in the qualifications. As such, all previous applicants to Announcement Number DE-11083118-21-MW must reapply to receive consideration.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Protective Service, Washington, District of Columbia. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Management Directorate Fleet Management Specialist assigned to the Administrative Service Division. This position provides routine fleet management services to Federal Protective Service Headquarters and Regional Vehicle Control Offices.
- Provide routine customer support services for HQ and Regions Vehicle Control Officers; maintaining accountability of Agency owned and GSA leased vehicles throughout FPS via GSA Drive-thru and Sunflower automated information systems.
- Design and analyzes all fleet management systems, processes, procedures, forms, and work measurements to effect improvement methods, work simplification efficiency, manual processing improvement, or computer processing adaptation.
- Conduct cost-effectiveness studies to support vehicle requirements for operating or administrative programs for a major agency component, such as region-wide, center-wide, or multi-state programs.
- Collect, interpret, and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data relevant to vehicle asset life-cycle management planning, identifying alternative sources for acquisition or exchange/sale of assets, utilizing/disposal of items with unique or unusual requirements, and establishing performance metrics capital assets.
- Analyze the utilization of the FPS vehicle fleet to the correct size in accordance with the Vehicle Allocation Methodology (VAM) and makes recommendations for vehicles identified for turn-in and reassignment of vehicles or rental of underutilized vehicles.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 1-5 nights per month for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602710100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.