This position is located in the Office of Infrastructure R&D (HRDI) of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Office of Research, Development, and Technology (HRT).Learn more about this agency
The Materials Research Engineer:
- Has frequent interact with stakeholders or members of your technical community (e.g., AASHTO, AAPT, and trade associations.
- Prepares and delivers oral presentations and technical articles.
- Promotes the use of research results.
- Assists the manager of the FHWA Asphalt Materials Laboratory.
- May assist in preparing procurement packages for contract research, including activities such as problem statement refinement, estimation of required resources, preparation of required tasks, establishing reporting requirements, proposal evaluation criteria, recommendation of potential offerors, obtaining required clearances, leads contract proposal evaluation process, chairs evaluation panels, prepares technical and cost evaluation reports, and participates in contract negotiations as required.
- May be asked to serve as contracting officer representative (COR) on research contracts supporting the work of the Infrastructure Materials team.
The ideal candidate for this position is a professional engineer with skill to apply knowledge and experience in materials or pavements, analysis, research, statistics, and experimental design.
Occasional travel - Some travel will be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602544400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.