The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to serve as the Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Data Analytics for the OIG's Office of Data Analytics. The ideal candidate will possess significant leadership experience in oversight functions. This position reports directly to the Assistant Inspector General for Audit (AIGA) and is located in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The Deputy Assistant Inspector General for Data Analytics (DAIGDA) serves as a Senior Executive Service member on the Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Inspector General (OIG) senior leadership team. The DAIGDA directs the Office of Data Analytics in helping the OIG promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in DOJ programs and operations and to prevent fraud, waste, and abuse by developing, coordinating, conducting, and overseeing predictive data analytics, statistical sampling, data modeling, data mining, and other advanced statistical and information technology efforts.In this capacity, the DAIGDA:
- - Serves as ODA's executive project manager, required to (1) use data analytics to identify high-risk and fraudulent contracts, grants, and purchases; (2) use data from multiple DOJ and other government systems for identifying areas of risk difficult to otherwise detect; (3) provide services for managing large scale and distributed data storage; (4) design, support, and maintain data security for a Federal agency; (5) create solutions that support data sorting, filtering, and other analytical functionality; (6) identify predictors or variables that can be measured and are likely to indicate risk of fraud or waste; (7) apply statistical principles, rules, and modeling methods to discover patterns and trends related to risk and fraud; and (8) develop and deliver dynamic visualization and interactive reporting to provide meaningful insights from the data (such as dashboards, scorecards, graphs, and link analysis).
- - Serves as a consultant and makes recommendations to OIG senior executives, including the Inspector General and Deputy Inspector General, on best practices to improve predictive analytics, statistical sampling, modeling, computer matching, continuous monitoring, data mining, data warehousing processes, and other uses of advanced analytics and information technology.
- - Provides expertise on leading edge methods of integrating advanced programming, analytical methods and techniques, and visualization tools.
- - Identifies training needs and the establishment of training programs for the use of advanced statistical and data analysis techniques.
- - Determines ODA budget and financial requirements and provides oversight of budgetary expenditures. As needed, directs the development of service contracts, oversees contractors, and ensures services are received in accordance with contracts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602458900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.