The Cryospheric Sciences Lab at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) seeks a sea ice remote sensing scientist. Candidates with background in any aspect of sea ice remote sensing (observations, such as passive microwave, optical, or altimetry studies; data-model integration; interdisciplinary studies such as sea ice-atmosphere-ocean connections) are encouraged to apply.Learn more about this agency
- Coordinate, plan, propose, execute, and evaluate research projects supporting the overall objectives of NASA?s Earth Science Division and its partners.
- Develop and investigate new techniques to advance the use of remote sensing data to understand the coupled Earth System.
- Document important research findings through technical reports, peer-reviewed publications, and presentations at relevant workshops and conferences.
- Interact regularly with collaborating scientists and developers both within the organization and among the wider community to maximize cooperation and ensure compatibility with the organization?s scientific objectives.
- Provide technical leadership in the development, interpretation, and use of sea ice remote sensing data products.
- Support or lead efforts to develop and implement new/enhanced methods to study the physics and dynamics of sea ice through a variety of remote sensing methods.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602371800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.