This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Information Products Division, in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Librarian for the national Animal Welfare Information Center; participates in outreach activities, the selection and acquisition of materials and information products for collection, and the development of information analysis products in the biological and veterinary sciences.
- Maintains awareness of current developments in library automation and technical services through professional development and continuous improvement activities.
- Compiles the information requested into usable information packages. Documents pertinent information about reference transactions, including data collection, using online systems such as RefTracker.
- Provides technical reference and research services to a wide range of clientele. Formulates and performs subject searches mostly on topics relevant to the use of animals in research, testing, education, and on exhibit as mentioned.
- Provides information on NAL programs and services assisting in formal and informal presentations to the national and international agricultural and scientific communities and others interested in research, technical assistance, and education.
- Interacts with customers to answer questions, provide information about NAL?s collections, content, programs and services, recommend avenues for investigation or refer to likely sources of assistance.
- Creates or adds appropriate metadata, classification, and search capabilities to facilitate easy access to, and ongoing maintenance of, available content.
- Contributes to the development of NAL?s services in literature searching (including systematic reviews, structured searches, rapid reviews, retrospective reviews, etc.) and citation analysis (including bibliometrics, data visualization, etc.).
- Compiles, edits or authors various types of bibliographic and non-bibliographic information products on topics appropriate to animal welfare.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602276700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.