This announcement has been extended. Applicants may update applications through the closing date of 9/30/2021.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is posted at various grade levels, applicants will only be considered at the full performance GS-6 grade level.
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT in support of critical hiring shortages in the VA. The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be June 7, 2021 and applicants will be referred on an 'as needed' basis.
NOTE: Announcement will remain open until no longer needed but no later than September 30, 2021.
The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse will be assigned to interested facilities throughout VHA and may be permanently or temporarily (not to exceed 1-year) appointed on an intermittent, part-time, or full-time schedule in support of the VA facilities across the nation. The Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse practices in a complex patient care setting in collaboration with interdisciplinary colleagues and the department nurse/unit manager.
There are vacancies for LPNs/LVNs in a variety of specialty areas to include:
- Critical Care (ICUs, Step down ICUs, Emergency Departments)
- Acute Care (Medical, Surgical, Oncology, Cardiology, Urgent Care)
- Outpatient (Specialty Clinics, Primary Care, Endoscopy, Dialysis, Urology, Dermatology, Pain Clinics, Hem/Onc- infusions clinics)
- Mental Health (Acute Mental Health Inpatient, Chronic Mental Health Inpatient, Detox/ Substance Abuse)
- Geriatrics / CLC (Hospice, Dementia Care, Palliative, Long Term Living)
- Long Term Care (Subacute Rehab, MDS Coordinators, Spinal Cord Injury)
- Operating Room / PACU (Patient Acute Care Unit)
- Case Management/Analytics
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with minor procedures, including obtaining and arranging necessary equipment, positioning patients, ensuring comfort and privacy, and monitoring the patient during the procedure;
- Providing direct nursing care to patients with an emphasis on patient teaching, care coordination and interventions such EKGs and phlebotomy;
- Documenting care activities;
- Performing procedures, treatments and delegated tasks;
- Administering medication and oxygen therapy;
- Issuing clinical reminders with appropriate consults and alerts as indicated; and
- Cleaning and reprocessing of reusable medical equipment.
Work Schedule: A variety of work schedules are available; Work schedule will be determined upon selection. NOTE: May be expected to work rotating weekends and holidays.
Pay Schedule: The salary range listed in this announcement is a Base-Line Salary for a full-time work schedule. Starting salary will be set based on locality (which may include a special pay rate depending upon location), as well as FT, PT or Intermittent employment.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) expenses: Not Available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: Depending on your leave tier, receive 13 to 26 days paid time off per year, including 10 paid federal holidays; 13 sick days annual with no limitation on accumulation.
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
For More Information on Benefits: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/Benefits/EmploymentBenefits
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602273300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.