This position is located within the Palo Alto VA Medical Center in Palo Alto, CA. The purpose of this position is to ensure that institutional federal records of vital, historical, fiscal and legal value are identified and preserved in accordance with federal laws, regulation, directives and policies.Learn more about this agency
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
Some duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with record keeping requirements for VHA records.
- Independently develops and utilizes records management metrics, dashboards, audits, surveys and other reports to identify potential issues related to the health care system records management program.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the master records inventory and file plan for the Health Care System.
- Conducts a program of regular internal records management reviews and audits records maintained by service lines to assist offices within the organization in maintaining appropriate records management procedures.
- Formulates and implements professional organizer techniques and strategies to streamline file system organizations across a wide range of storage environments.
- Provides ongoing general and/or program specific training to staff related to records management, ensuring all records liaisons are trained on the creation, maintenance, use, storage, and disposition of the records created within their area of responsibility.
- Educates endusers on how to utilize inventory file plan organizations using variety of inventory and file plan systems and meta data repositories.
- Collaborates with Office of General Counsel upon receipt of a litigation hold, and advises personnel in litigation hold procedures, ensuring litigationrelated records are safeguarded and available.
- Advises health care system personnel on the maintenance and/or disposition of documents not included in an approved Systems of Records and acts as a point of contact for management of unscheduled records.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602216800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.