VA Western New York Healthcare System ( VAWNYHS) is seeking an enthusiastic Gastroenterologist to join its staff. The successful candidate will provide comprehensive care to include diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and education of patients with Gastroenterology conditions. VAWNYHS is academically affiliated with the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo and provides medical, surgical, mental health and long term care services through a range of inpatient and outpatient programs.Learn more about this agency
The staff Gastroenterologist will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Physician should have expertise in Gastroenterology and be able to treat and manage patients who have illnesses related to General Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Physician should also be proficient and privileged in procedures related to Gastroenterology.
- Perform colonoscopies and EGD's.
- Evaluate, triage, and prioritize Gastroenterology consult requests to ensure timely care for patients.
- Performing examination, endoscopy consultation, and developing treatment and follow-up plans.
- Attend staff meetings and service on committees, process improvement teams and workgroups as requested.
- Completes CME as required to maintain competency in Gastroenterology and medical licensure.
- Completes HIPAA, Privacy and Security and other mandatory VA training in a timely manner.
Work Schedule: Full-Time; Monday- Friday 8:00am- 4:30pm. Additional information may be provided during the interview process.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602137300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.