Incumbent serves as an Archives Technician in the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Incumbent performs non-professional, quasi-professional and technical work that supports access to archival holdings and physical and intellectual control over records. The work encompasses reference, researcher assistance and other customer services, processing, accessioning, arranging, describing, preserving, and reformatting of records.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-07. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Provide written or oral "first-line" reference assistance and consultation, respond to all forms of inquiry concerning NARA's archival holdings, in original or surrogate format, by using complex finding aid systems and related archival sources, in both electronic and analog formats.
- Perform detailed and complex arrangement work following a plan (or guidance) approved by supervisor or team leader.
- Evaluate the physical condition of records in the course of other duties and alert supervisor or other designated staff to condition problems that limit access or threaten the safety of records.
- Prepare online catalog descriptions of holdings at all levels according to NARA lifecycle standards, policies, and procedures.
- Greet visitors, assist with registration; conduct orientation briefings for onsite researchers, as required; and direct researchers to appropriate NARA resources as necessary.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601915200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.