This position is located in the Information Architecture Branch (IAB), Division of Library Services (DLS), Associate Director for Scientific Resources (ADSR), Office of Research Services (ORS), Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health (NIH).Learn more about this agency
- Acts as the senior writer-editor responsible for providing high level consultation and direction to professionals and senior management on editing policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the editing duties of librarians and informationists.
- Coaches and mentors all editors; provides guidance and oversight for policies and procedures and offers feedback to individual editors.
- Monitors use of the collection and makes recommendations for additions/withdrawals.
- Coordinates and teaches classes on writing and the scholarly publishing lifecycle.
- Prepares material for printing and publication.
- Provides a full range of editorial support.
- Manages substantive editing going to third-party providers which includes reviewing work from outside editors before approving payment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601852700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.