This position is located at Stars and Stripes, Washington, DCLearn more about this agency
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Compile, edit, post and update staff and wire stories, photos, videos, graphics and audio files for the stripes.com website, following Stars and Stripes' and other applicable standards and requirements.
- Write accurate, complete and interesting headlines, captions, teasers and photo cut lines, ensuring that all text is free of spelling, grammatical, and substantive errors and accurately states what is supported by the content of the story or photo.
- Communicate with other editors in Washington and overseas to maintain a smooth, efficient workflow of content for a 24-hour operation.
- Assist with the planning, editing and posting of podcasts.
- Add carefully-selected, accurate, well-written posts to Stripes' social media accounts.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601839300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.