THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT (T32), Position Description Number D2423000and is part of the AL 117TH Air Refueling Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
ORGANIZATION: 117TH ARW, BIRMINGHAM, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: SMSgt R. SMITH
1. Assists technical transportation advisor and higher graded staff on all statewide operating matters dealing with commercial movement of personnel and equipment. Analyzes and advises on transportation considerations relative to the domestic and international movement of equipment, supplies, and personnel via all commercial transportation modes. Assists in the development of, maintains, and exercises the commercial traffic functions of mobilization plans, as well as training programs for managers and mobilization augmentees on related transportation subjects. Assists in input to the Defense Movement Coordinator (DMC), as required, with the preparation of the commercial transportation portions of the Automated Unit Equipment List (AUEL). Assists in Obligation and execution of funding for the commercial transportation mission. (25%)
2. Assists in the preparation of Transportation Discrepancy Reports (TDR) and other documents in support of government claims against carriers for freight loss and damage or failure to provide contracted services. Reconciles Commercial Bills of Lading to verify receipt and shipment of equipment and supplies. Makes recommendations to higher graded employees for changes in local policies and procedures to support the economical movement of contractually procured materials from vendors. Interprets and enforces Federal, State, and local regulations concerning the movement of hazardous materials and general commodities through various modes of carriage. Assists in monitoring and ensures proper handling, packaging, and shipping of arms, ammunition and explosives (AA&E), Controlled Cryptographic Items (CCI), and classified/sensitive items. Safeguards accountable transportation documents, which may include: Government Bills of Lading, Government Transportation Requests, and Uniform Service Meal Tickets. (25%)
3. Assists in inspections, or provides for inspection of, commercial carrier terminals to locate and expedite delivery of astray government shipments. Ensures carrier capability complies with government requirements and specifications. Assists in the management of the Carrier Performance Program for the state and provides input to the Traffic Manager for the overall program. (15%)
4. Procures domestic and international travel for both military and civilian passengers. Reviews the travel arrangements provided by the Travel Services Contractor ensuring that special fares and/or discounts are utilized when feasible. Ensures advance procurement of transportation services to achieve greatest overall cost efficiency and oversees the audit of the Travel Services Contractor for application of appropriate discounts for official travel. Monitors the approved Travel Agent for official travel for quality assurance as an Assistant Contract Officer Representative (ACOR). Advises travelers on entitlements and responsibilities and manages the processing of refunds for unused commercial tickets into the government accounting system. Ensures all travel requests are accompanied by approved travel orders and reconciles billing of requested travel services. Reconciles and validates the monthly billing for commercial air travel Centrally Billed Account (CBA) and submits it for payment. (15%)
5. Maintains all transportation related automated systems and databases to support the Traffic Management Programs for the State. (10%)
6. Accomplishes the full spectrum of support for state and Federal National Guard operations, training, readiness missions, natural disasters, and Homeland Defense/Defense Support of Civil Authorities (HLD/DSCA). (10%)
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601807400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.