About the Position: Serves as the Chief Protocol Officer for the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command. Provides direction and guidance to a group of protocol personnel who perform various duties in support of the Command Visitor Orientation and Reception Program.Learn more about this agency
This is a permanent, full-time position.
This position will be filled at the GS-12 or GS-13 grade level. Non-competitive promotion to the GS-13 is authorized.
- Plan/coordinate protocol duties and requirements for official visits by domestic and foreign dignitaries, military, civilian and congressional visitors for all TACOM Offices, Command Partners at the Detroit Arsenal.
- Advise and oversee protocol actions for protocol and oversee protocol actions for protocol personnel at six offsite locations (depots/arsenals) on all facets of protocol operations.
- Manage protocol requirements for official receptions, entertainment functions and ceremonies for visiting dignitaries, composition of guest lists, receiving lines, flag lines, menus, seating/position arrangements and decorations or floral displays.
- Provide protocol orientation and instruction to Business Group Designated personnel and escort officers, general officers and to other TACOM and Detroit Arsenal organizations.
- Maintain, analyze, and coordinate data for various reports, e.g. special upcoming events for the Commander and for use by various Directorates/offices and identify problems impeding program effectiveness.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601744100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.