This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), CG C4IT Service Center, Operations Systems Center, Kearneysville, WVLearn more about this agency
You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for directly managing information technology projects.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing methods to monitor and measure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts
- Providing advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes
- Evaluating the effectiveness of procurement function in addressing information security requirements and supply chain risks through procurement activities and recommend improvements
- Acting as a primary stakeholder in the underlying information technology (IT) operational processes and functions that support the service, provide direction and monitor all significant activities so the service is delivered successfully
- Coordinating and manage the overall service provided to a customer end-to-end, including facilitation between internal shared service providers.
- Reviewing service performance reports identifying any significant issues and variances, initiating, where necessary, corrective actions and ensuring that all outstanding issues are followed up.
- Ensuring that appropriate Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) and underpinning contracts have been defined that clearly set out for the customer a description of the service and the measures for monitoring the service.
- Working with other service managers and product owners to balance and prioritize services to meet overall customer requirements, constraints, and objectives
- Routinely exercises independent judgment and discretion when obtaining and leading confidential advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations and investments; performing studies that may result in changes of organizational structures or staffing levels requiring labor relation matters.
- Negotiating for the acceptance of agency positions on key Government-wide policy initiatives exercising independent judgment and discretion with DoD, DHS, OMB on national security systems (NSS) and respective classified information, critical infrastructure, mission essential systems (MES), high value assets (HVA) or other USCG information systems, including advance information of management’s position with regard to IT cyber contract negotiations, IT cyber acquisitions, cyber security continuous diagnostics and monitoring
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, GS-12, or GS-13 level. Promotion potential to the GS-13 level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601522500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.