Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMPT GOVERNMENT ENTITIES (TE/GE)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness of operating procedures, work flow, inter-functional coordination, and organization of an operating division's or business unit's operations through personal observation, conferences, and status reports and data. Prepares resulting documents from these reviews, reporting on progress toward achievement of program initiatives and subsequent recommendations.
- Plans, organizes, and/or leads all phases of multifunctional efforts to evaluate plans and proposals of projects involving broad areas of work processes, operational practices, and integration between various functional areas. Projects and studies involve providing technical expertise; directing the analysis and evaluation of plans and proposals of projects; assessing accomplishment of program and management goals and objectives; and prescribing or formulating new/revised policy.
- Assesses impact of new or modified program requirements. Prepares long-range forecasts of developments relevant to areas of expertise. Identifies and analyzes critical problems and issues, the timing and sequence of key program events and milestones, resource utilization, and constraints, and coordination of management controls. Develops innovative solutions, documents findings and conclusions, and makes presentations.
- Exercises financial plan management responsibility for the operating division or business unit. Prepares, maintains, and executes the financial plan involving all categories of expenditures. Reviews, analyzes, makes recommendations, and/or develops contingency plans based on financial analyses and reports. Identifies trends and anticipates any adverse impact on budget and/or work plans.
- Monitors and evaluates the division's or business unit's organizational structure, ensuring that Authorized Staffing Pattern (ASP) and span of control guidelines are met. Reviews all proposed changes and provides analysis and assessment in relation to the currently-approved organizational template, funding availability, and sound position management principles. Recommends acceptance of and/or modifications to the proposed change(s) to top management.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/601521500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.